STANDARD EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
I. Basic Information
Employer: Synesis Inc_________("we", "us", or "our")
Employee: ___________________("you" or "your")
"Regular Rate" of billing: $_______ per hour
II. Standard Terms
This is an Employment Agreement ("Agreement") between you and us and is made up of the Basic Information, these Standard Terms, and any Optional Terms set forth below which are specifically made part of this Agreement. This Agreement is applicable to the performance by you of services for our Customer noted above.
1. Reporting Date. You will report for work at our Customer's facility or a facility specified by our Customer on the first work day after the Reporting Date. The work location will hereinafter be referred to as our Customer's facility.
2. Work Rules. While working at our Customer's facility, you will follow any work rules, regulations or policies which our Customer may have established.
3. Compensation. You acknowledge and understand that you are employed and paid on a per hour basis. For each hour of work performed by you under this Agreement, we will pay you at your Regular Rate, except that for each hour of Overtime worked by you we well pay you at your Overtime Rate. Overtime is defined as hours which exceed forty in one week. A work week will begin on a day specified by the client. The working of overtime hours must be authorized by the client.
You acknowledge that the only form of benefit that you are to receive pursuant to this Agreement is the compensation as set forth in the preceding paragraph. By way of example only, no other form of benefit shall be provided to you, such as medical insurance, vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay, etc.
You may negotiate billing rate increases with the client at any time. The pay rate will be recalculated based on the new billing rate agreed to by the client.
4. Time Cards. You agree to accurately maintain a time card for all time worked by you and you further agree that such time card records will be conclusive as to the time worked by you. Although we will pay you for the hours you work, you also agree that any initial errors in compensation due to your failure to accurately maintain a time card (which includes maintaining a legible time card) shall release us from any liability, fines or penalties that might exist because of an improper computation of compensation for the relevant time period.
5. Non-Assignment. You acknowledge that the services to be rendered by you are highly technical and specialized. Accordingly, you may not assign any of your rights or delegate any of your responsibilities under this Agreement except pursuant to our prior specific written authorization. Our rights and obligations under this Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and shall be binding upon our successors and assigns.
6. Termination. The employment relationship between you and us hereunder may be terminated at any time at the will of either you or us, either before, on, or after the Reporting Date, without the need for the terminating party to give specific reason or cause to the other party for the termination. In the event of termination on or after the Reporting Date, you will be entitled to receive wages earned through the time of termination, but we shall have no other obligation or liability to you other than the payment of such earned wages. In the event of termination before the Reporting Date, we shall have no obligation or liability to you whatsoever.
7. Amendment of Terms. This Agreement can be amended by you and us signing a document containing the amended terms. The only other way this Agreement can be amended is by us giving you written notice of the amendment at least one week prior to the effective date of the amendment. If you continue to work for us after the effective date of the amendment, you will be considered as having specifically agreed to the amendment.
8. Non-Compete. None.
9. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be severable, and the invalidity or unenforceability of any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement, and any such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed as though it were omitted in its entirety.
10. Arbitration. You and we agree that in the event there is any dispute between us concerning the termination of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the dispute shall be submitted to binding arbitration, provided that the party seeking the binding arbitration shall make a written demand upon the other within three (3) months after the dispute has arisen. The dispute shall be heard, pursuant to the Labor Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect. Any arbitration hearing shall be held in the city of Williamsport, PA, and the arbitrator's written decision shall be based upon the laws of the state of Pennsylvania the same as if the dispute had been heard in the courts of the state of Pennsylvania. Each party shall bear its own attorneys fees, but the parties shall share the costs, expenses, and fees of the arbitrator.
11. Governing Law. This Agreement will be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, except that if our Customer enforces its rights under this Agreement, and our Customer's contract has a provision choosing a different state's law, then, at our Customer's option, the state law specified in our Customer's contract shall govern.
12. Other Agreements. By signing this Agreement, you represent and warrant to us that you are not bound by any other agreement, written or oral, which would preclude you from entering into this Agreement. You also represent that you will not utilitize, in connection with your employment under this Agreement, any materials which may be construed to be confidential to a competitor of ours. In the event of a breach by you of the provisions of this paragraph or of any other provisions of this Agreement, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all damages, suits, liabilities, and any and all forms of expense, including, but not limited to, our costs, expenses, and attorney fees, incurred in defending any such claim
10. Entire Agreement. The Basic Information, Standard Terms and any Optional Terms which are specifically included constitute the entire understanding between you and us and there are no representations or agreements except as provided herein.
Details - Rates | Referrals | Limitations | Agreements | Benefits | Feedback | Site Map
Customer - Why Synesis? | Money | Time | Frustration | Quality | Services
(877) 836-0492 Phone
info (at) synesis-inc.com